Nominating Period Extended!
There's still time! The nominating period for the 2019 Equity Champion Awards has been extended through Tuesday, April 30. For more information, please contact the Equity Office at 408.864.5636 or EquityOffice@deanza.edu.
Reaffirmation of Our College Values:
Holding to Our Equity Lens Through College and District Downsizing
The Equity Action Council meets on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month. Time: 1:30 pm to 3 pm @ MCC
|Spring 2019||Winter 2019||Fall 2018|
|Thursday, April 18||Thursday, January 24||Thursday, October 11|
|Thursday, May 9||Thursday, February 14||Thursday, October 25|
|Thursday, May 23||Thursday, February 28||Thursday, November 8|
|Thursday, June 6||Thursday, March 14|
Shared Governance Representatives
Alicia Cortez, Dean
Erick Aragon, Faculty
Melissa Aguilar, Classified
|Equity & Engagement||
Alicia Cortez, Dean
Edmundo Norte, Dean
Mayra Cruz, Faculty Instructor
|Relations with Schools||
Erick Aragon, Faculty Director
Carmen Lizardi-Folley, Faculty Instructor
|Student Success Center||
Melissa Aguilar, Classified (ACE Rep)
Angelica Esquivel, Classified Senate
Rebecca Levin, Classified Senate
Stephanie Djuarsa, Student
Anh Doan, Student
|District Chief of Police||
Danny Acosta, Classified
- Promote a climate of humility, equity, and appreciation for diversity and inclusiveness in all aspects of the college.
- Support the work of the Equity Office.
- Advise on equity and inclusion issues to the college shared governance groups.
- Assist with the development of a campus climate survey every 3 to 5 years to assess the equity environment and explore opportunities for growth and development.
- Advocate for the development and implementation of policies and procedures that facilitate the success of our diverse student body, faculty and staff. Specifically, the committee works to identify existing or emerging equal opportunity and equity issues, advising college leadership in the development of responsive policies, and analyzing and recommending action based on relevant research and practices.
- Advise and actively promote the development and implementation of policies, procedures and employee development that facilitates the transformation of our workforce and environment into a community that is more inclusive, socially just, knowledgeable about the diverse array of cultures which comprise our community, and skilled in facilitating the growth of the entire campus.
The Equity Action Council (EAC) helps facilitate campus wide development, engagement, support and implementation of programs, evaluations, policies and procedures that are in line with De Anza College's vision of equity, social justice, and multicultural education. The Council helps meets the equity program goals at De Anza College and in particular, the Office of Equity, Social Justice, and Multicultural Education.
With the supportive input and commitment of the Equity Action Council, the Equity Office strives to meet the demands of the campus and the critical charge of the office. The Equity Action Council helps facilitate campus wide development and support, engagement, implementation of programs, evaluations, policies and procedures that are in line with De Anza College's mission and vision of equity, social justice, and multicultural education. The Council helps meet the goals and objectives of equity, social justice, and multicultural education at De Anza and in particular, the Equity Office. Thus, the Equity Office works closely, and is aligned with, the larger goals and objectives of the EAC.