Health Requirements for ISP Students
All students who enroll at De Anza College on an F-1 Visa are required to submit certain health forms that you will find on this webpage.
- Once you are admitted to De Anza through the International Student Programs (ISP) office, you will need to complete these forms and upload them to the ISP online admissions portal.
- If you don't submit the required forms, the college may place a registration hold on your student records, preventing you from registering for classes or obtaining your diploma.
F-1 Visa students must submit these
- Tuberculosis screening forms – both Parts 1 and 2
- Proof of immunization for measles, mumps and rubella (MMR)
Students under age 18 must also submit these
All incoming ISP students are required to complete the TB risk screening forms upon arrival at De Anza College.
This screening is available through Student Health Services. In many cases, TB risk assessment screening will be included in your new student orientation coordinated by the International Student Programs office.
Students who are identified as higher risk for TB infection should undergo a blood testing (IGRA- QuantiFERON-TB Gold blood test) within the United States, so please do not pursue advance testing in your country. Instead, expect to complete your TB risk screening upon arrival at De Anza College.
A chest X-ray is NOT ACCEPTABLE as a substitute for a TB risk screening.
Students with a positive TB test result must undergo chest radiography and medical exam. If any X-ray changes or signs and symptoms of active TB are identified, active TB disease must be excluded.
Students must show proof of immunity to MMR as documented by
- Two doses of the MMR vaccine, with the first dose given on or after their first birthday, and the second dose administered at least 28 days after the first dose. You must submit an official copy of vaccination documents in English.
- Evidence of positive blood test ("titer") showing protective antibodies to all three diseases. You must submit a copy of the official lab report.
- Download the Consent for Treatment of a Minor Form
- Download the Caregiver's Authorization Affidavit
(Affidavit must be notarized)
Questions?For questions about these forms, please send an email to DAHEALTHCLERK@fhda.edu