I originally came from the historic Bucks County, Pennsylvania when I relocated to California in 1990. I currently have ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine)'s Exercise Physiologist certification. I have completed a certification in Gait Analysis, and helping folks to be move through life without pain or discomfort. I am currently working on an Older and Frail Adult Certification.
In addition to being the coordinator and trainer for the Lifetime Fitness & Wellness Center, I am also the coach/advisor for the De Anza College Cheer & Dance Team. Our students support athletics and they also compete as a Pom (dance) team.
I have been running the Lifetime Fitness & Wellness Center here at De Anza College since 2001. I feel fortunate to have a job where I can focus on helping students get the most for their workouts. Work smarter not harder!
In the fitness center I help with:
- Proper form and settings for strength equipment
- Proper form for free weight or body weight exercises
- Fitness Assessments for strength, endurance & body composition
- 7-site Skin Fold (body fat) testing
- Development of short and long term goals
- Balanced exercise programs
- Balance Training
- Personal Fitness Trainer Mentor
- Post-Rehab Training