The Office of Professional Development serves a leadership role in promoting the professional development of all members of the De Anza College academic community through the exchange of innovative ideas, individual expertise, and common interests.
To provide appropriate opportunities for meaningful personal and professional development, the Professional Development Office supervises the processes for allocating professional development resources and coordinates a comprehensive program of individual and institutional professional growth, with responsibility for planning, promotion, dissemination of information, and program evaluation.
- New Employee Orientation
- First Year Experience for Faculty and Classified Professionals
- Instructional Skills Workshops
- Peer Evaluation Training
- Classified Leadership Training
- Professional Conference and Travel Funds
- Health, Wellness and Safety
- Service Excellence
Winter '19 Teaching and Learning Seminars
- Trouble With Teaching Math Concepts? A Workshop for STEM Faculty / Friday, March 1; 1:00 – 3:00 PM; room S-43
- Helping Your Students Read Challenging Texts / Tuesday, March 14; 2:00 – 4:00 PM; room ADMIN 103
- Building a Welcoming Environment Before and On the First Day of Class / Thursday, March 21; 2:00 – 4:00 PM; room ADMIN 103