National Conference on Race & Ethnicity (NCORE), 2019
The NCORE conference (May 28 – June 1, 2019) focuses on the complex task of creating and sustaining comprehensive institutional change designed to improve racial and ethnic relations on campus and to expand opportunities for educational access and success by culturally diverse, traditionally underrepresented populations.
NCORE is designed to provide a significant forum for discussion, critical dialogue, and exchange of information as institutions search for effective strategies to enhance access, social development, education, positive communication, and cross-cultural understanding in culturally diverse settings.
Process for Applying for NCORE Funding
- Complete the appropriate Staff Revitalization and Professional Conference Funds Faculty or ACE/Classified conference application.
- Attach the support documentation requested on the Conference Funds Application.
- Sign your application . . . have your supervisor, manager, or dean also sign your application.
You may refer to the Supplemental Questions Evaluation Rubric to further understand the committee's scoring criteria. Then complete the NCORE Supplemental Questions and attach it to your Conference Funds application.
Classified professionals applying for NCORE funding will be considered on a first-come-first-served basis by the committee (as per the ACE contract) and are NOT required to complete the supplemental questions.
- Turn in your application packet at the Office of Professional Development or leave it in the Office of Professional Development mailbox in the Admin mailroom anytime before February 14th.
- The Staff Revitalization and Professional Conference Funds Committee will meet to consider all NCORE applications turned in before February 14th. All funding will be awarded for NCORE at the same time.
- By Monday, March 4, award packets and letters will be sent to all applicants in their personal or department mailboxes in the Admin mailroom.
- We will create a De Anza College Group on the NCORE Registration site (so you can get a discount on your registration fee) and will provide the link to that page for all who are funded as soon as possible after the NCORE conference funds meeting (so you can also take advantage of the early-bird deadline).
- Enjoy the conference from May 28 – June 1.
- Your NCORE trip voucher, provided in your award packet, will be due at the Professional Development Office or mailbox by Friday, June 28. All expenses should be reported on that single trip voucher for processing.
- It takes 10 – 14 days for processing trip vouchers and your reimbursement check will be sent to you at your home.
Contact Dawn Lee Tu, Director of Professional Development anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org