An introduction to the discipline of Physical Education through the sport of badminton. Includes a global and historical examination of the sport, rules, equipment, facilities and etiquette. Basic exercise physiology, nutrition, fundamentals of strength development and flexibility relative to playing at an intermediate level will be included. The course will encourage an understanding of how to adapt game strategies and conventional techniques to one's needs and abilities based on age, gender and environmental conditions, personal strengths and weaknesses.
|45236||KNES 31BX||2||M·W····||11:00 AM-12:15 PM||Scott Hertler||PE21E|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2019-04-08 to 2019-06-28.
- 1 Units
- Two hours laboratory for the one-half unit course (24 hours total per quarter); three hours laboratory for the one unit course (36 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- See general education pages for the requirement this course meets.
- KNES 31A or KNES 31AX, or permission of instructor.
- EWRT 211 and READ 211 (or LART 211), or ESL 272 and 273.