An introduction to Physical Education through the development of skills and techniques for the beginning swimmer. Global and historical development of swimming as a fitness and competitive activity will be discussed. Beginning stroke skills, survival methods, diving from the side of the pool, and deep water swimming will be covered. American Red Cross stroke standards will be followed but adaptations will be allowed based on physical ability, age, strength and gender. Students will review basic exercise physiology and nutrition appropriate to swimming.
|45622||KNES 1B||1||M·W····||11:30 AM-12:20 PM||Rachel Catuiza||POOLW|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2019-04-08 to 2019-06-28.
- 0.5 Units
- Two hours laboratory (24 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- See general education pages for the requirement this course meets.
- KNES 1A or pass swimming placement test which consists of swimming 25 yards in deep water.
- EWRT 211 and READ 211 (or LART 211), or ESL 272 and 273.