Join Us for Music, Snacks, Prizes and More!
Visit the Main Quad on Friday, Sept. 21, from 10 a.m.-1 p.m., for a special event before fall quarter starts.
- Save at the Bookstore – 10% off textbooks, 25% off apparel
- Meet your instructors. Get advice on adding classes from instructors and counselors. (You can add classes online.)
- Take a campus tour. Tours will leave from the check-in table at 10 a.m., 11 a.m. and noon
- Learn about majors, clubs and Learning Communities – a great way to connect with a network of supportive classmates, instructors and advisers
- Find your classrooms before the quarter begins
- See below for a complete list of activities
Free Parking in Flint Garage!
Visit the check-in table to get a great prize – and to enter the drawing for a new iPad!
You Can Also
- Bring a friend! Family members are welcome too!
- Ask the experts in Counseling, Financial Aid and other student services.
- Take care of business: Get your VTA SmartPass and DASB card. (Order your parking permit ahead of time through MyPortal and avoid the service fee by paying in person at the Cashier's Office.)
Along with information booths in the Main Quad, many departments and programs are planning activities around campus.
- Administration of Justice: Bring your questions to the Open House in L22, from 10 a.m-1 p.m.
- Anthropology: Meet the instructors! Come to the Open House in MLC101 from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Art History: Meet the instructors and learn about the Art History program. Come to VPA132 in the Visual & Performing Arts Center, 10:30 a.m.-noon.
- Biology: Make art from algae! Visit S52 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. to meet biology instructors and learn how algae and kelp are used to make a variety of products.
- Business: Learn about Business degrees and certificate programs during a special orientation in Forum 1 starting at 10:30 a.m.
- Child Development and Education: Bring your questions to the Open House in the California History Center classroom, from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Economics: Bring your questions and chat with instructors during our Open House in L21 from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- English: Explore the world of writing and literature! Stop by for games, mini-lectures and informal chats. Visit ADM101 from 10 a.m. -1 p.m.
- English as a Second Language: Drop by the Listening/Speaking Center for a free workshop, prizes and snacks! Visit AT313 from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Film/TV: Catch a student film! Screenings begin at 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. in the Advanced Technology Center, AT120.
- Geography: Meet the instructors during our Open House in L23, from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Health Technology: Check your vitals! We'll be checking blood pressure and blood-oxygen levels in S74 from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- History: Chat with instructors during our Open House in L26 from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Humanities: Bring your questions to our Open House in ADM103 from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Journalism: See student journalism in action. Watch award-winning news videos. Check out La Voz News Live! Come to L41 from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Language Arts: Learn about the new EWRT 1A / LART 250 "stretch" sequence. Meet with instructors in L72 from 10-11:30 a.m.
- Library: Stop by for an informal tour and learn about all the resources available, from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Life Sciences: Faculty and staff from the Biological, Health and Environmental Sciences Division will be in S Quad, Building S5 and the Science Center, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Music: Enjoy live performances – from classical guitar to rock 'n' roll – by current and former students, in the A Quad from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Nursing: Observe a simulated exam with an artificial patient, or an IV insertion with (fake) blood! Play games and chat with instructors and students in
S83 and S82 from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Paralegal: Come to our Open House and chat with instructors on the California History Center patio from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Philosophy: Meet the instructors during our Open House in L28 from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Political Science: Bring your questions to our Open House in L24 from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Psychology: Come to our Open House and chat with the instructors in
L27 from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Sociology: Meet the instructors during our Open House in L25 from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Sports: The women’s soccer team has a 1 p.m. game at the soccer field. The men's soccer team plays at 4 p.m.
- Student Health: Spin a quiz wheel to learn about Student Health Services on campus. Collect freebies and win prizes in the Main Quad from 10 a.m.- 1 p.m.
- Student Success Center: Learn about tutoring and other help available in the Advanced Technology Center, Third Floor (for Writing and Reading, General Subjects and Listening and Speaking) and in S43 (for Math, Science and Technology).
- Check back for information on more activities as details become available.
Don't Miss the Bookstore Sale!
10% off textbooks • 25% off apparel
But you can still attend the Welcome Day event!
Just be sure to stop by the Main Quad check-in table to pick up your special gift (while supplies last) and register for the iPad drawing.