Our vision is of a world where every child is nurtured, respected and supported in their development by professional, well-trained teachers who help them to become responsible, engaged and caring citizens of the global community.
See Our Degrees and CertificatesWe offer two degrees and five different certificates in the fields of Child Development and Education. See the complete list and requirements.
The Journey Conference: March 9
Family child care providers and apprentices will join early childhood educators for a day of learning, sharing and networking at the first annual Journey Conference
- Saturday, March 9: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- VPAC Auditorium, De Anza Campus
The mission of the Child Development and Education Department is to prepare a diverse student population, including Child Development majors and students from other majors and departments, for transfer within the Behavioral and Social Sciences. The department also provides comprehensive educational opportunities to help students meet professional growth and workforce requirements.
- The importance of relationships in all human learning
- Pedagogy grounded in current research and knowledge
- Embracing diversity through genuine acceptance of each individual’s uniqueness
- Communication as a mutual responsibility
- Professionalism demonstrated through reflective practice, ethical behavior, advocacy and life long learning
Facing a Financial Emergency?We may be able to help. De Anza can provide limited cash grants for students who are pursuing a career in early childhood education and are facing a hardship that may interfere with their studies.
Job and Internship Postings
De Anza College has partnered with Handshake as a job and internship platform for students and employers.
- Students: You can log in to Handshake through MyPortal (look for the icon in the Student Apps section) or through the De Anza Handshake website to view available jobs and internships.
- Employers: Please register on Handshake's employer site to post your jobs and internships for students.
Online Learning Updates
The Commission of Teaching Credentialing has provided guidance for Child Development programs including information on child development permits. You can also find resources on these webpages