Submit a Design for one or both!
Mission Statement for the De Anza Student Government (DASG)
As elected representatives of the De Anza Student Government, we strive to:
Be a safe, equitable, and inclusive body that reflects the diversity of the student population. We are committed to serving our fellow students, amplifying their voices, and advocating for their needs in an accountable and transparent manner.
Mission Statement for the Office of College Life
The Office of College Life (OCL) is dedicated to providing an enriching campus life experience for De Anza's diverse student body. Rooted in our commitment to the values of diversity, engagement, and community, OCL strives to promote the ideals of leadership, empowerment, and civic capacity through a comprehensive college life program. Utilizing an integrated approach, OCL bridges our institutional core values with evidence-based practices to produce high impact programs and services that celebrate and fosters a climate of respect, integrity, and inclusion. We provide opportunities for students to engage and develop their full potential and prepare them to be responsible and engaged citizens of the world.
Who We Are and What We Do
De Anza Student Government (DASG)
- Official Representatives for all Students at De Anza College
- Develop Student Leaders
- Host Events for Students
- Advocate for Students
Office of College Life
- Provide Leadership Development
- Provide Opportunities for Student Engagement
- Help students connect and get involved with campus life
- Advise the DASG Senate and Inter Club Council (ICC)
- Logos must be representative of the organizations.
- Logos must be submitted as both Vector graphics files (e.g. Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape) and high resolution PNG files both with transparent backgrounds.
- Logos must be submitted as both full text versions (De Anza Student Government or Office of College Life) and abbreviated versions (DASG or OCL).
- Logos must be suitable for various uses at different sizes online and in print including on clothing and items such as pens.
- Logos must be simple, reducible, and be equally impactful both in color and in black and white
- The original application specific files must also be submitted (e.g. .ai).
- You are not required to incorporate the De Anza College Logo or De Anza College Mascot
into your designs, but if you decide to do so you must adhere to the following guidelines:
- The symbol and logotype must never be redrawn, revised or altered.
- Logo or Mascot elements cannot be cut apart
- If you need to resize the image to fit your publication, the proportions must be the same as the original version (i.e., do not stretch it).
- EPS files can be reduced or enlarged.
- PNG files can only be reduced. Enlarging a PNG file will result in a poor-quality image.
- Never attempt to re-create the words "De Anza College" with a desktop computer's limited font capabilities.
- For more information and the files for the logo and mascot please visit the following web pages:
- You are required to use the official De Anza College Colors (Burgundy and Gold).
De Anza College Colors
Pantone Matching System (PMS)
Burgundy = 1955 C
Gold = 7548 C
Burgundy = 28 100 77 30
Gold = 0 23 98 0
Burgundy = 139 3 44
Gold = 255 198 11
Burgundy = 8B032C
Gold = FFC60B
Submissions and Selection
Designs should be submitted to Dennis Shannakian, Student Activities Coordinator, at ShannakianDennis@fhda.edu by 4:00 pm Thursday, May 13, 2021.
The winning De Anza Student Government (DASG) logo submission will be chosen by the DASG Senate.
The winning Office of College Life logo submission will be chosen by the Office of College Life staff.
Finalist designs will be reviewed and potentially modified as necessary by the Office of Communications in order to meet design standards.
The winner(s) of the logo competitions will be acknowledged for their contributions to the De Anza Student Government (DASG) and Office of College Life; there may be prizes as well that are yet to be determined.
Old De Anza Associated Student Body (DASB) Logos
Note: we are looking for a completely different, fresh, and more updated logo.