Resources for Being Prepared
- Plan ahead for what you will need during the first hours after a major emergency, when outside assistances may not be available.
- Review the steps for dealing with different types of emergencies in this Emergency Procedures document.
- Find additional tips on preparing for a variety of emergencies at ready.gov
Fire or Hazardous Spill – Emergency Contacts and Procedures
In case of a fire, spill or other emergency involving hazardous chemicals or wastes, do the following:
- Evacuate the affected areas per the Facility Evacuation Plan
- Call 408-924-8000 or 911 and report the emergency
- Report the emergency to the Facility Emergency Coordinators
- Try to control the emergency if you are trained to do so and can do it safely
- Report the emergency to the Facility Emergency Coordinator(s).
Emergency Coordinators and Contacts
|Order of Contact
|Second Alternate – only for emergency health and safety or hazardous materials
- Ambulance, Fire, Police – call 911
- Emergency Services – Governor's Office: 800-852-7550
- Hazardous Materials Compliance, Santa Clara County: 408-918-3400
- Storm Drain, Sewer or Sink Discharge:
- Stop, Contain and Clean Up the discharge
- Then call 408-635-4000 and 408-793-5300
- After that, call Emergency Health and Safety at 650-222-9241
(The information above is also posted on the Foothill-De Anza District Facilities website, revised fall 2021.)
Click these buttons for information and resources on these topics.
Additional Documents and Information
You can find more information and planning documents in MyPortal:
- Open the Apps section
- Click on the tile for Employee Safety Resources