The state Student Equity Initiative has now merged to become the Student Equity and Achievement (SEA) program, established under state Education Code 78222 to support the statewide Guided Pathways effort and the elimination of achievement gaps.
- To learn more, please visit the Planning for Equity page on the college website.
- Read the 2019-2022 Student Equity Plan and the Equity Plan Re-Imagined report
The Office of Equity, Social Justice and Multicultural Education is committed to moving our efforts beyond “diversity sensitivity” to a much deeper systemic approach to educational change and social transformation. Our Student Equity Initiative for De Anza College is dedicated toward:
- Closing the achievement gaps among the following student populations: African Ancestry, Latino, Filipino, EOPS, Foster Youth, Low Income, Veterans, and students with disabilities.
- Alignment with state guidelines and collaboration between Student Services and Instructional areas
- Strong recommendation that where possible colleges integrate student equity planning into college and/or district accreditation, educational master planning, program review, and basic skills planning processes.