NUT 62G - Dieting: Sifting Fact from Fiction
This quarter, this course is an 8 week LATE -START course: The same course content of a "regular" Nutrition 62G is presented in 8 instead of 12 weeks.
The official dates of this class are Oct 23-Dec 14. However, the class will unofficially open 4 weeks early on Canvas, on the first day of fall quarter, Sept 25. You can get a head start on the class if you want, which would lighten your load during those 8 weeks :-)
This class is an asynchronous, online course. There are NO mandatory class meetings. No in-person OR Zoom class meetings. All of the course content is delivered on Canvas.
The syllabus is provided as a web-based "liquid" syllabus. On the first page you can access a traditional, printable syllabus as a pdf file.
Course Description: Causes and contributing factors of overweight/obesity; evaluation of popular weight control diets and programs and effective methods of weight loss.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE:
- This class is not a general nutrition course
- Students to not learn how to select a healthy diet; nor do we explore the many contemporary issues around nutrition
- It is dedicated only to the topic of weight loss
- But....this course is not a weight loss program. It provides applicable information for the person who wants to lose weight or maintain weight loss. It also provides value to professionals such as personal trainers, coaches and nurses who work with people managing their weight.
- Remember, this is a 1 unit course!
- There are no exams in this class -- just several quizzes which you can take twice if you didn't get a high score on the first attempt.
- It's REALLY easy to get an A+ in this class. It focuses more on application than academics.
Many students do not have realistic expectations about online courses. Watch this very short video (<3 min) to help you succeed in this online course: What it takes to be a successful online student