DRAFT updated 11/23/2021
The Administrative Planning and Budget Team (APBT) provides leadership and coordination
for the development and implementation of Administrative Services planning and budget
processes that support the College Vision, Mission and Values
As an advisory group to College Council, the APBT:
- Makes recommendations on agenda items based on the mission of the Administrative Services Division.
- Reviews divisional self-sustaining, enterprise and general fund staffing and budgets.
- Makes budgetary recommendations that support the mission of Administrative Services.
- Analyzes the impact of divisional budget/position reductions and presents consequences to College Council.
- Members collaborate with other shared governance groups, as determined by the governance membership structure.
- Members communicate with their constituencies disseminating information clearly and concisely and gather feedback
Guiding Principles (1st bullet added 11/23/2021)
- The shared governance team's recommendations are made by consensus and is governed by the Governance handbook.
- The shared governance team makes recommendations to College Council.
- The team shall be guided by the APBT mission statement and the Equity Plan, Educational Master Plan, Facilities Master Plan and program reviews.
- The APBT will specifically consider the elements of the college values that call for
- Integrity: We embrace honesty, credibility, clear communication and acting on our stated values. We strive to acknowledge and address issues that may be difficult to broach. The college’s ability to fulfill its mission depends on a college community in which everyone feels included, respected and safe.
- Innovation: We work to ensure our physical space is welcoming, conducive to learning and environmentally sustainable.
- Equity : We value and embrace the intellectual contributions of a diverse spectrum of people and cultures. We strive for a diverse workforce that honors the contributions of all who work here.
- APBT members will honor the topics and times of the meeting agenda. Agendas and materials will be distributed in advance and all members will be prepared to participate fully in the entire meeting.
- Members will present issues completely, accurately, honestly and without bias, using authentic primary sources of data and not selectively withholding information.
- Members will encourage full and open participation by all participants and will demonstrate a respect for and willingness to listen to diverse opinions and viewpoints.
- Members will govern their interpersonal behavior on the basis of mutual respect and trust for one another and will avoid personal attacks, physical and verbal intimidation, asserting authority of position, and "negative talk".
- Members will maintain respect for team discussions and will demonstrate support for consensus decisions of the team within and outside of team meetings.
- Members will disseminate and gather feedback clearly and concisely.
Each team member is empowered and responsible for understanding the Mission, Role, Guiding Principles and enforcing these ground rules.