General Meeting Information

Date: May 23, 2022
Time: 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Location: Online


  • Agenda

    Time Topic Purpose Discussion Leader
    10:00 - 10:05 a.m. Approve minutes from April 11, 2022 D/A Smith


    Veteran’s Resource Center Project I/D Hughes
    10:15-10:30 Cleaning Existing Art I/A Smith, Argabrite

    New projects

    I/A Smith
    10:40-10:50 Project Request form



    10:50-10:55 Student representative for next year



    10:55-11:00 Next meeting



    A = Action
    D = Discussion
    I = Information

  • Minutes

    Art on Campus Minutes
    May 23, 2022 


    Diana Argabrite, Sam Bliss, Julie Hughes, Tina Lockwood, Jennifer Mahato, Daniel Smith, Chia Wen

    Approval of minutes

    Minutes from the April 11 meeting were approved.

    Veteran’s Resource Center Project

    A mural proposal was created by Julie Hughes.

    $8000 has been set aside to fund the mural.

    Julie Hughes is working with Nazy Galoyan to arrange meetings with Veteran’s students.

    Julie Hughes is also collecting images of murals from around the bay area.

    Cleaning existing art

    Need to determine who can perform the work, and solicit quotes as needed.

    Cleaning and repair progress reports were given.

    • Time Graffiti: Diana Argabrite is working with the original artist, who will look at the work. She will see how the assessment might apply to the other two, “Turtle” and “Two as One.” This will include whether power washing is appropriate.
    • VPAC benches – A work order for the benches was submitted March 25. Jennifer Mahato will follow up with Todd Nelson on the work order.

    New projects

    Placement of new “Natural Hair” prints – 7 prints were purchased by the President’s office. They are in the process of being framed. Keep them together and place in the Student Center, but not in the food court. Sam Bliss, Diana Argabrite, and Daniel Smith will do a Campus Center walk and decide on placement.

    Refresh art in campus display cases in the Campus Center and the Library. Schedule a time to review the Campus Center hallways with Diana Argabrite and Julie Hughes. Daniel Smith will schedule.

    Move other items from where they are now.

    • Liberty, African textiles from Library and other areas. Liberty would have to be deconstructed to be moved. Delay until next May/June after the flooring is changed. Refresh Admin building art after that.
    • African tapestries – Work to place them in a single display. This will involve making an inventory and assessing their condition. Tina Lockwood will begin, with location and a picture of each one. Some are large, up to 10’ x 8’. A work order would likely involve removal, patching and painting. A show could be done with them as well.

    Project request form

    The form should contain who is making the request, where it should be, a request for content, a reason or rationale for change, and whether it’s funded or not.

    Jennifer Mahato will see if a pre-existing form could be modified can be used.

    Target January 2023 for implementation.

    Student representative for next year

    Promote in Artistic Expression Village gatherings.

    See if students are open to being invited to individual meetings rather than asking them to commit to attending the entire year.

    Next meeting

    Have been using the fourth Monday.

    Set meetings for entire academic year at the next session.

    Since the planned demolition of A quad will affect the A5 mural and two sculptures add A quad move to next agenda.

Documents and Links

Back to Top