General Meeting Information
Date: January 28,
Time: 2:30 - 3:30 p.m.
Location: Campus Center - Don Bautista Room
Meeting Notes - January 28, 2019
Review and approve notes from October 15, 2018 meeting
The notes from October 15, 2018 were approved.
Lockwood shared FF&E updates with the group.
- DASB Student Council Chambers and DASB Senate Office chairs will be replaced on Feb. 5.
- Club Office and Club Room is still in the planning stages. Work is slated to begin in early July.
- College Life Office will be getting new furniture and is slated to begin this summer.
- Student Lactation Room location has been identified in the Campus Center. The room will be cleaned, patched, painted and should be available for student use by Spring quarter.
- Faculty and Staff Lactation Room is completed and up and located in F1.
Project Updates/Quick News
- The Planetarium roof is under construction. Funded by Measure C.
- Parking Lot D has new lighting and pavement
- New lighting project Phase 4 which will replace almost all Campus Drive roadway lights with LED lighting.
- ATC cooling tower project that cools the ATC, RSS, Campus Center and MCC buildings. Prop. 39 project.
- CDC playground project will provide new playground equipment. Funded by the CDC.
- Pool doors and gate replacement project will begin this summer.
- EV charging station project will be presented at the Campus Facilities Committee meeting on January 29, 2019.
Hand Dryer Presentation
Ueda introduced himself as the chair of the DASB Environmental Sustainability Committee. The committee researched paper towels, general hand dryers and “Dyson Air blade” hand drying options. The research presented by Ueda indicated the most efficient and cost effective hand dryer is the Dyson Air Blade. Air dryers would reduce the need for trashcans and liners.
College Operations will investigate the cost and feasibility of installing additional hand dryer in the restroom in the Campus Center.
Ueda conveyed the DASB Committee would like the new machines to be considered in newly constructed buildings.
Present: Aung, Chang, Coronado, Doan, Gannon, Grey, Hoang, Joshua, Lei, Liang, Lockwood, Omer, Robles, Roodbeen, Shannakian, Ueda, Yi-Baker, Zhang