General Meeting Information
Date: October 1,
Time: 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Location: ADM 109
Time Topic Purpose Discussion Leader 4:00 - 4:15 p.m. Welcome and Introductions(Change of the IPBT) I/D All 4:15 - 4:20 p.m. Approval of Notes - June 18, 2019 D/A Rank/Pape 4:20 - 4:25 p.m. DASB Report Out I/D Liang 4:25 - 5:00 p.m.
Timeline for Perkins and String Workforce
A = Action
D = Discussion
I = Information
IPBT – October 1, 2019 Meeting Notes submitted by Olga Evert
Administrative Reps: Randy Bryant, Alicia Cortez, Moaty Fayek, Anita Muthyala-Kandula, Lorrie Ranck, Thomas Ray
Classified Reps: Thomas Bailey, Dana Kennedy, Lorna Maynard
Faculty Reps: Ed Ahrens, Diana Alves de Lima, Cheryl Balm, Milena Grozeva, Rick Maynard, Mary Pape
Student Reps: Halina Liang
Absent: Sam Bliss
Guests: Vins Chacko (ACE rep), Steve Hoang (DASB), Coleen Lee-Wheat, Dawn Lee Tu, Eric Mendoza, Mallory Newell, John Nguyen (DASB), Erik Woodbury
Approval of Notes
June 18, 2019 notes were approved.
Welcome & Introduction (Change of the IPBT)
IPBT members were introduced and welcomed.
- Ed Ahrens will be representing part-time faculty in replacement of Marissa Smith, who was initially approved by the Academic Senate.
- Cynthia Kaufman will represent FA (during fall quarter only) & Vins Chacko will represent ACE. Cynthia and Vins are non-voting members.
- IPBT members represent their constituency groups and not their areas/discipline.
- IPBT’s focus: Program Review, Funding allocation, Program viability, and faculty position prioritization. Viability could be used for sustainability and growth.
- Fall 2019 IPBT focus: resource allocation, program review process, and continuing to review Programs request form Spring 2019. Strong Workforce/Perkins allocation, faculty hiring, and Governance Handbook updates.
- In Winter 2020, IPBT will meet with PARA, MUSI and Football programs that will give them a chance/opportunity to present.
- This fall Lorrie will present more information regarding Student Equity Achievement Program.
- Guided Pathways – 5 years funding – Lydia and Kim Palmore serve as Faculty Co-Directors to move Guided Pathways on campus along. IPBT does not allocate this funding.
DASB Report Out
First Finance meeting reg. budget 2020-21 was on September 30th
First DASB Senate meeting will be on October 2, 2019
Timeline for Perkins and Strong Workforce – Randy Bryant
Career Technical Education (CTE) division dean, Randy Bryant, conducted a presentation on SWP (Strong Workforce Program), Perkins and CTE Transition fund timelines, explaining the due dates for requests, reports and final certifications.
Strong Workforce – receiving allocation every year based on CTE FTES and other factors such as student completion and success in addressing equity gap.
IPBT was informed that the program improvement items from the SWP Phase III lists are currently purchased from SWP phase II funds. The SWP Phase II (2017-2018) allocation must be spent by December 31, 2019.
Randy encouraged everyone to conduct the Annual Program Review earlier than the current winter quarter due dates. This will assist to better administer the SWF funds.
Randy provided a snapshot of current SWP and Perkins fund summaries. Instructional deans are reminded to purchase IPBT approved items, listed as critical during the 2018-2019 program year, which is SWP phase III funds.
Further discussion ensued regarding Program Review timeline. This will be a discussion the next IPBT meeting.