General Meeting Information

Date: February 28, 2023
Time: 10:00 - 11:25 am
Location: Zoom only

NOTE: This meeting will be ONLINE ONLY.  See the Zoom information at the bottom of this page.

  • Agenda

    Time Topic Purpose Discussion Leader


    Approval of Agenda and Minutes from Feb 21, 2023

    I/A Dennis
    10:05-10:20 Name Change for PAC D/A Rob
    10:20 CTE Committee Request I Erik

    Executive Secretary Position for PAC

    D Erik

    Resource Allocation Process and Timelines for Materials/Equipment/Student Services


    Rob & Erik

    Today's desired actions/outcomes:

    1. Finalize new committee name

    A = Action
    D = Discussion
    I = Information

  • Minutes

    Membership attendance

    • Remote: Dennis Shannakian, Pam Grey, Bidya Subedi, Tina Lockwood, Alicia Mullens, Erick Aragon, Thomas Ray, Tim Shively, Erik Woodbury, Cheryl Jaeger Balm, Salvador Guerrero, Moaty Fayek, Rob Mieso, Jason Sousa, Izat Rasyad, Felisa Vilaubi, Michele LeBleu-Burns, Andre Meggerson, Isaac Lim, Elvin Ramos, Eric Mendoza
    • Absent:  Wei Quan Lai,  Jessica Lukius, Javier Gomez-Tagle, Melinda Hughes

    Votes taken in today's meeting:

    1. Committee name changed to Resource Allocation and Program Planning (RAPP) - 14 of 18 votes


    Agenda and minutes approved.

    Tim shared that an audit of full-time faculty hiring money from the State was released last Thursday of four community college districts, including FHDA: 

    Name Change for PAC

    The list generated last week was narrowed down to four finalists, which were voted on via Zoom poll.  Resource Allocation and Program Planning (RAPP) was voted in as the clear favorite.

    ACTION NEEDED: Update all website and inform the campus community

    CTE Committee Request

    We’ll be voting on this next week.  Don’t forget to talk to your constituents about it.

    ACTION NEEDED: Vote will take place next meeting

    Executive Secretary Position for RAPP

    We have someone interested for Spring.  The chairs will work to get someone in the position for Spring and then we’ll work to have a more open, collegewide recruitment for 2023-2024.

    ACTION NEEDED: Chairs will report back more at a future meeting.

    Resource Allocations

    Voting members were assigned to teams, with one member from each constituent group being assigned to each team, and with the chairs doing their best to make sure the people in each group are not reviewing their own division's requests.

    Erik gave instructions on what members should do with the spreadsheets on the RAPP resource allocation page.  Tina asked that folks consider not just additional personnel or facilities requirements in Columns V and W, but also additional ETS (Educational Technology Services) requirements.  Part of this review can also include whether we need to send questions back to the requesters to clarify or provide additional info.

    Folks worked in their groups in breakout rooms for most of an hour.

    Reflection and wrap up:

    • The form could be improved.  We should add a column that describes the item being requested before the column about equity implications.  Also, the folks filling out the form need more detailed instructions on what information to include. 
    • It would be helpful for RAPP to have a cheat sheet for members with the language of what qualifies for each funding source. 
    • It would be helpful to have a list of other potential funding resources e.g. presidents fund and the foundation.

    ACTION NEEDED: Teams will continue this work in breakout rooms next meeting.

Zoom Information 

Meeting URL:

Meeting ID: 814 3025 8762
Passcode: 110311

One tap mobile:  +16699006833,,81430258762#

Back to Top