General Meeting Information
Date: February 28,
Time: 10:00 - 11:25 am
Location: Zoom only
NOTE: This meeting will be ONLINE ONLY. See the Zoom information at the bottom of this page.
Time Topic Purpose Discussion Leader 10:00-10:05
Approval of Agenda and Minutes from Feb 21, 2023
I/A Dennis 10:05-10:20 Name Change for PAC D/A Rob 10:20 CTE Committee Request I Erik 10:20-10:25
Executive Secretary Position for PAC
D Erik 10:25-11:25
Resource Allocation Process and Timelines for Materials/Equipment/Student Services
Rob & Erik
Today's desired actions/outcomes:
- Finalize new committee name
A = Action
D = Discussion
I = Information
- Remote: Dennis Shannakian, Pam Grey, Bidya Subedi, Tina Lockwood, Alicia Mullens, Erick Aragon, Thomas Ray, Tim Shively, Erik Woodbury, Cheryl Jaeger Balm, Salvador Guerrero, Moaty Fayek, Rob Mieso, Jason Sousa, Izat Rasyad, Felisa Vilaubi, Michele LeBleu-Burns, Andre Meggerson, Isaac Lim, Elvin Ramos, Eric Mendoza
- Absent: Wei Quan Lai, Jessica Lukius, Javier Gomez-Tagle, Melinda Hughes
Votes taken in today's meeting:
Committee name changed to Resource Allocation and Program Planning (RAPP) - 14 of 18 votes
Agenda and minutes approved.
Tim shared that an audit of full-time faculty hiring money from the State was released last Thursday of four community college districts, including FHDA: https://bsa.ca.gov/pdfs/reports/2022-113.pdf
Name Change for PAC
The list generated last week was narrowed down to four finalists, which were voted on via Zoom poll. Resource Allocation and Program Planning (RAPP) was voted in as the clear favorite.
ACTION NEEDED: Update all website and inform the campus community
CTE Committee Request
We’ll be voting on this next week. Don’t forget to talk to your constituents about it.
ACTION NEEDED: Vote will take place next meeting
Executive Secretary Position for RAPP
We have someone interested for Spring. The chairs will work to get someone in the position for Spring and then we’ll work to have a more open, collegewide recruitment for 2023-2024.
ACTION NEEDED: Chairs will report back more at a future meeting.
Voting members were assigned to teams, with one member from each constituent group being assigned to each team, and with the chairs doing their best to make sure the people in each group are not reviewing their own division's requests.
Erik gave instructions on what members should do with the spreadsheets on the RAPP resource allocation page. Tina asked that folks consider not just additional personnel or facilities requirements in Columns V and W, but also additional ETS (Educational Technology Services) requirements. Part of this review can also include whether we need to send questions back to the requesters to clarify or provide additional info.
Folks worked in their groups in breakout rooms for most of an hour.
Reflection and wrap up:
- The form could be improved. We should add a column that describes the item being requested before the column about equity implications. Also, the folks filling out the form need more detailed instructions on what information to include.
- It would be helpful for RAPP to have a cheat sheet for members with the language of what qualifies for each funding source.
- It would be helpful to have a list of other potential funding resources e.g. presidents fund and the foundation.
ACTION NEEDED: Teams will continue this work in breakout rooms next meeting.
Meeting ID: 814 3025 8762
One tap mobile: +16699006833,,81430258762#