General Meeting Information
Date: November 30,
Time: 1:30 - 3:00 p.m.
Location: DA MLC 233 Video Conf. Room
Time Topic Purpose Discussion Leader 1:30 p.m. Review Agenda & Notes I/D Glapion 1:35 p.m. Guided Pathways Self Assessment Tool A/D All 2:00 p.m. Resource Requests (continued) I/D All 3:00 p.m. Adjourn
A = Action
D = Discussion
I = Information
SSPBT Goals & Priorities 2017-18
- Integrated SSSP-Student Equity-BSI plan
- Accreditation, Self-Study, Enrollment Budget Update
- Pathways & Promises
- Title IX
Members: Avila, Booye, Burgos, Cook (co-chair), DASB, Doan, Espinosa-Pieb, Glapion (co-chair), Kirkpatrick, LeBleu-Burns, Mandy, Mieso, Robles, Shears, Shively, Ward, Wethington, White-Daniels
Attending Members: Avila, Booye, Burgos, Doan, Glapion, Kirkpatrick, LeBleu-Burns, Mandy, Robles, Shears, Shively, Ward, White-Daniels
There were no amendments to the notes or to the agenda.
Guided Pathways Self-Assessment Tool
An email was sent out to the committee in preparation for the agenda item discussion that included instructions, information, and a link to the interactive Guided Pathways Self-Assessment Tool.
In the meeting on November 16th Cook reviewed this tool with the SSPBT committee and the section that the SSPBT team was responsible for: Inquiry.
- Cook and Mieso volunteered to complete this section that included three parts.
- Parts one and three of the Inquiry section were completed.
Cook requested that the committee complete part two and review parts one and three in the document by Monday, December 4th. The committee discussed the provided documents and
went over the parts to be completed and reviewed.
Le-Bleu Burns presented her resource requests for Student Development.
- The request is to move one Faculty position to Health Services from Office of College
Life and to then create a manager position in it’s place.
- The Faculty position would become a licensed Social Worker in Psychological Services.
In a 7 year period psychological appointments have increased by 300%
- They began with 239 appointments, now up to 989 appointments
- With such demand, there is difficulty covering students in crisis
- Title IX cases also cause an issue because both students involved in a case cannot be covered by one license; it is a conflict of interest.
- The Faculty position would become a licensed Social Worker in Psychological Services. In a 7 year period psychological appointments have increased by 300%
- The then vacant Director of College Life position would become a management position.
- By making this a non-faculty position, the person would be able to supervise the staff, TEAs, and student workers in the area directly creating a more functional department.
- The Social Worker Faculty position would be funded by the mandatory student health fee and the Director of College Life manager position would be funded by what has been already budgeted for the position.
- Full Presentation
White-Daniels quickly reviewed her request form the November 16th meeting to fill five positions:
- All the positions are funded by SSSP
- None of these positions are new positions
- Full Presentation
The SSPBT committee was then asked to vote on both requests. The vote was done by consensus and there were no objections or abstentions to the proposed requests from White-Daniels and Le-Bleu Burns from the SSPBT committee. The SSPBT staffing recommendations will be presented to Senior Staff and College Council.
Documents and Links
- Student Development Division Budget Presentation
- Counseling and Student Success Division Budget Presentation