General Meeting Information
Date: December 6,
Time: 1:30 - 3:00 p.m.
Location: DA MLC 233 Video Conf. Room
Time Topic Purpose Discussion Leader 1:30 p.m. Review Agenda & Notes I/D Mieso/Robles 1:35 p.m. Program Review Inquiry Tool I/D Newell/Sabawi 2:00 p.m. Program Reviews 2018-19 I/D/A Mieso 2:20 p.m. Review SSPBT Goals 2018-19 I/D/A All 2:30 p.m.
Program & Committee Updates
All 3:00 p.m.
A = Action
D = Discussion
I = Information
SSPBT Goals & Priorities 2017-18
- Integrated SSSP-Student Equity-BSI plan
- Accreditation, Self-Study, Enrollment Budget Update
- Pathways & Promises
- Title IX
Members: Avila, Booye, DASB (B. Tanubrata) , Glapion, Kirkpatrick, LeBleu-Burns, Mandy, Mieso (co-chair), Rashid, Robles (co-chair), Shannakian, Shively, Wethington, White-Daniels
Attending Members: Booye, Glapion, Kirkpatrick, LeBleu-Burns, Mandy, Mieso (co-chair), Robles (co-chair), White-Daniels
Guests: Ola Sabawi and Dawn Lee Tu
There were no amendments to the notes or to the agenda.
Program Review Inquiry Tool
Sabawi presented on the new Program Review and Inquiry Tools that are now available. The tool can be found in the MyPortal account under Program Review. Some of the tool capabilities include:
- Enrollment trends
- Faculty workload
- Course success
- Course success for targeted groups
- Enrollment distribution by student demographics
- Success rates by gender, age, and ethnicity
A question was asked if there would be data available after the student transfers from De Anza to another school to track how they are doing. De Anza doesn’t have access to this data except where the student is registered but the Chancellor’s office is looking into it.
Sabawi said she could go over the presentation and more specific ways to extract data with a team or on an individual basis. If someone doesn’t have access to the Program Review Tools, please contact Mallory Newell.
Program Reviews 2018-19
Mieso presented the Program Review timeline for 2018-19:
Goal: - Completion of Annual Program Review Update for 2018-19 by March 15
- December 6 – 13 – Committee updates SSPBT Program Review Template
- December 13 – Feedback due to Laura Watson
- December 17 – Laura will send updated template to Mary Pape
- Mary Pape will update new template in TracDat/Nuventive by January 17
- January 17 SSPBT meeting – Veronica will go over updated template
- January 17 – Begin work on Program Reviews for 2018 – 19
- February 22 – SLO convocation – Attendance strongly recommended
- Veronica will offer a workshop focused on SSLO
- March 8 – Target date for completion of Program Reviews in TracDat/Nuventive
- March 15 – Final due date for Program Reviews
- Complete in TracDat/Nuventive and send confirmation email to Laura Watson
Review SSPBT Goals 2018-19
The committee reviewed the goals discussed at the last meeting and reviewed the goals Mieso presented below. The goals presented by Mieso were approved and now will be included on the SSPBT agenda pages for 2018-19.
SSPBT Goals & Priorities 2018-19
- Enrollment, Retention, Student Success
- Student Centered Funding Formula
- Guided Pathways
- New Initiatives: AB705, AB19, SEAP
Program & Committee Updates
Shannakian reported that there are 14 new senators that have been approved to start in the winter quarter and that we are up to 79 clubs.
Kirkpatrick reported that the library will have extended hours this week and will be open until 11:00 pm.
LeBleu-Burns reported that this time of year can be very stressful for students due to the holidays, college applications, etc. If anyone has a student in crisis, please send them to Psychological Services or if threatening to harm self or others call 911.
Mandy wanted everyone to encourage students to fill out their FASFA since it is the first step in receiving access to different funds being offered to students including AB19. FASFA workshops have also been discussed for next year.
Booye reported on the Clockwork updates. It has been a bit challenging to see and test the student views and the original release date was scheduled for Dec. 18th but that date will be revisited.