Mission Statement - De Anza College provides an academically rich, multicultural learning
environment that challenges students of every background to develop their intellect,
character and abilities; to realize their goals; and to be socially responsible leaders
in their communities, the nation and the world. The college engages students in creative
work that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and attitudes contained within the college’s
Institutional Core Competencies:
• Communication and expression
• Information literacy
• Physical/mental wellness and personal responsibility
• Civic capacity for global, cultural, social and environmental justice
• Critical thinking — Updated Spring 2014
SSPBT Meeting Notes - October 5, 2017
Attending Members: Booye, Cook, Doan, Glapion (co-chair), Kirkpatrick, LeBleu-Burns, Mandy, Mieso, Robles, Shears, Shively, Ward, White-Daniels
There were no amendments to the agenda.
Cook welcomed everyone back and the committee introduced themselves to the new members.
Veronica Avila presented on SSLOs to the committee.
This year the SSLO in the Accreditation Cycle will be: Critical Thinking
- Outcome (Re)Defined -> Plan methods of assessment
- Conduct Assessments -> Summarize data
- Reflection -> Enhancement
Avila said the retreats work well because they facilitate conversation and multiple perspectives. There is also a yearly Convocation held each spring quarter that people could attend.
How the SSLO/AUO process works:
Step 1: Brainstorm. What would you like to improve?
Step 2: Write SSLO that reflects goals and aspirations.
Step 3: Write reflection: What was the outcome?
Write enhancement: What else can be done?
Orientation will be scheduled for the two new SSPBT members.
Budget Reductions: Process & Criteria
- Reviewed the materials that were used during the previous downturn for development
later this year.
- Susan Cheu from Finance will be presenting to the PBTs and will go over the actual numbers for each area.
- It was also restated that there would be no staffing cuts in this fiscal year.
The accreditation committee will be visiting Oct. 9-12th next week. The SSPBT committee will be scheduled to meet with them during the week so please attend.