General Meeting Information
Date: June 3,
Time: 1:30-3 p.m.
Time Topic Purpose Discussion Leader 1:30-1:35 p.m. Welcome and introductions I/D All 1:35-1:40 p.m. Approval of minutes I/D/A All 1:40-1:55 p.m. Review 2017-2020 Tech Plan accomplishments I/D All 1:55-2:10 p.m. Review Draft 2 Tech Plan 2021-2024 document and goals I/D All 2:10-2:15 p.m. Review timeline I/D Spatafore/Pape/All 2:15-2:30 p.m. Annual governance reflections I/D/A All 2:30-3 p.m.
- Banner Student
- ETS Project Scheduling
- Online Education Advisory Group
A = Action
D = Discussion
I = Information
Anderson, Brennan, Diaz, Gainer, Garrido, Grey, Harrell (tri-chair), Lakshmanan, Moreau, Owiesny, Pape (tri-chair), Ranck, Seale (notes), Spatafore (tri-chair)
Approval of Minutes
Minutes were approved with the minor corrections of a typo and the addition of Ray Brennan’s name to the attendance list.
Review 2017-2020 Tech Plan Accomplishments
Committee members reviewed the Tech Plan accomplishments for 2017-2020 as noted in the Draft 2 Tech Plan 2021-2024
- Spatafore noted that the assessment of computer labs for accessibility should be added to the accomplishments list under the appropriate objective and goal
- Spatafore also suggested clarifying the “web feedback gathered” item
- There were additional observations and minor corrections such as spelling out “senior staff” when mentioned; adding “selection process implemented and completed” for the eLumen accomplishment; and a copy edit for grammar in Objective 1, Goal 4.
Review Draft 2 Tech Plan 2021-2024 document and goals
Spatafore provided an overview of the Draft 2 Tech Plan. Owiesny suggested adding “four” before the key takeaways on page 3 for clarity.
Spatafore reviewed changes for the 2021-2024 Tech Plan goals. Harrell discussed his suggestion of scoring or rating classrooms for accessibility (“Classroom Equity Scale”).
- Spatafore suggested further discussion of this, possibly in conjunction with facilities planning in fall.
- Grey discussed ongoing facilities practices that already involve evaluating certain accessibility items.
Gainer shared a suggestion for the language of Goal 2 (omitting “such as HyFlex”), to be broader.
- Refine plan over summer
- Final draft available prior to October 2021 meeting and approval of plan at that meeting
- Agendize for College Council later that month
Spatafore suggested that somewhere in the preamble text of the Tech Plan should be a mention of Guided Pathways. Pape agreed, noting that Guided Pathways will need the infrastructure outlined in the Tech Plan.
Annual Governance Reflections
1. Reflecting on the work of your governance group over the past year, how did this work help fulfill our vision, mission, values, strategic initiatives, Institutional Core Competencies, and commitment to equity?
Concluding the previous Tech Plan, which was based on an equity. The committee approached the Tech Plan and its goals through the lens of equity.
2. Reflecting on your governance group’s processes and practices over the past year, please identify what has been working and what changes you plan to implement over the next academic year to ensure continuous improvement.
Refined and improved the new Tech Plan goals and collectively worked to make more broadly yet well understood goals. One of the new Tech Plan goals is to improve communication with ETS and the process through which goals are accomplished.
3. Reflecting on your groups’ ability to disseminate information to its stakeholders, what are some strengths and weaknesses in regards to ensuring that all stakeholders are informed of the committee’s activities, processes, policies and decisions? How can you improve your process for information dissemination next year?
Standing reports in other committees. Added a tri-chair (representing Classified Senate) to ensure leadership from classified professionals.
- Moreau updated that the wireless coverage maps are being updated. Luciw and Erik La Grange are working with their staff on this.
- ETS is also preparing to move to the next generation of Banner product. Moreau stated that there is not a clear timeline yet but implementation will not take place this year.
- Moreau discussed extensive efforts in fraud detection and prevention.
- Moreau said that the district has licensed SensusAccess, which integrates into Canvas.
- Lakshmanan noted ongoing accessibility support for students online and improving processes.
- Harrell mentioned ongoing improvements, including improvements for Guided Pathways.