Health Information and Updates
COVID-19 vaccines are now open to all Californians age 12 and older — and that includes college students!
To find a vaccination clinic near you, visit the Santa Clara County Public Health Department website for a list of clinic sites where you can drop in without an appointment, or schedule a time that fits your schedule.
Vaccine Rewards: Get Vaxxed, Win Cash!
The state of California is now giving away dream vacations (expenses paid!) and gift cards to those who get vaccinated. For details, visit the state's Vax for the Win website
COVID-19 Vaccinations at De Anza
Next Vaccination Clinic: July 6
Our next vaccination clinic will be on Tuesday, July 6, from 9 a.m. to noon, at the Student Health Services clinic in Room 166 of the Campus Center.
NEW We will offer a choice of vaccines, including Pfizer, which can be given to adults and children age 12 or older.
- These shots are available for De Anza students, employees of the Foothill-De Anza Community College District and the general public.
- Drop-ins are welcome or you can register for an appointment in advance at lifeplusrx.com/deanza
- You can choose which vaccine to receive:
- Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) – requires only one dose, available to age 18 or older
- Moderna – requires two doses, available to age 18 or older
- Pfizer – requires two doses, available to age 12 or older
- If you received your first dose on June 8, you can get your second dose on July 6.
- You must follow all current health protocols and check in with the Optimum HQ service before coming to campus.
- Please see the Instructions for Coming to Campus in Spring 2021 webpage.
- You can list Clinic Director Rosafel A. Nogra, email@example.com, as supervisor for the visit.)
- Members of the public should also follow the Instructions for Coming to Campus in Spring 2021 and the Instructions for Using Optimum HQ, and list Clinic Director Rosafel A. Nogra, firstname.lastname@example.org, as supervisor for the visit.
- For questions, please call 408.864.8732
Help for Students
Equity Fairies is a volunteer group that is partnering with De Anza College to assist students with scheduling appointments for the COVID-19 vaccine. Just fill out their easy request form and they will contact you to find a location and time that works for you.
Student Health Services
Current students can visit the Health Services virtual clinic for services. The virtual clinic uses online video that is HIPAA-compliant for privacy and security, so students can talk with a health care provider about issues including women’s health, birth control, community resources and referrals. To schedule an appointment, send an email to email@example.com.
- You can also visit Wellness Central, an online resource for students.
- Note: If you have coronavirus symptoms – which may include a combination of fever, cough, difficulty breathing, headache, chills and loss of taste or smell – stay home and call your primary doctor, health care provider's nurse hotline, or Valley Medical Center at 408.885.5000.