Welcome, Rising Scholars!
The Rising Scholars program was created to support students who were previously incarcerated or had other experiences with the criminal justice system, or who have been affected by a family member’s incarceration.
Our mission is to create a pathway into higher education and to serve students from enrollment through graduation, by addressing their academic and social needs.
Want to know more? Use our interest form if you'd like more information or think you might want to join the program.
Benefits and Services
As a student in the Rising Scholars program, you can get
- Counseling and academic advising
- Transfer assistance and advising
- Scholarship and financial aid information
- Student-to-student tutoring and mentoring
- Tutoring in math and English
- Opportunities for paid internships
- Workshops and special events
- Field trips to four-year universities
- Help in maintaining priority registration status
- And more!
More Resources Available to You
Visit our Resources for Rising Scholars webpage for a partial list of more programs and services available to you at De Anza.