Smog Inspector - Level 2 Training
Automotive technician training program for California's Smog Inspection Program. Meets one of the Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) requirement for obtaining Smog Inspector License.
|27917||APRN 65W||62||M·W····||06:00 PM-07:05 PM||Pete Vernazza||S49|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2023-09-25 to 2023-12-15.
APRN-65W-62: Fully ON CAMPUS. This course is only for employees of new car dealerships from the Local 1101 Union or from the City of San Jose and meets each week on scheduled days and times as noted in the class listing. Students must have access to a computer, the internet and an individual email address. Most De Anza classes will use the Canvas course management system. We recommend a laptop or desktop computer to successfully complete the course; a tablet or phone may not be adequate for all assignments and tests. Information about Canvas and Online Education Orientation can be found in Canvas on the Student Resources page: https://deanza.instructure.com/courses/3382. The Student Online Resources hub with extensive information and tips can be found at deanza.edu/online-ed/students/remotelearning.
- 2.5 Units
- Weekly Lecture Hours: 2.5
- Weekly Lab Hours: 0
- Gen Ed
- Non-GE Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Non-credit Class
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
Requisite and Advisory
- ESL D272. and ESL D273., or ESL D472. and ESL D473., or eligibility for EWRT D001A or EWRT D01AH or ESL D005.
- Elementary algebra or equivalent (or higher), or appropriate placement beyond elementary algebra
- APRN D065P
Limitations on Enrollment and Entrance Skills
- Limitations on Enrollment
- Open only to apprentices in the Automotive Technologies Apprenticeship Program (an approved program by the Division of Apprenticeship Standards).