What is an ADT?
Associate Degrees for Transfer (ADT) – also known an Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) or Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T ) degree – are intended primarily for students who plan to transfer into a similar baccalaureate major at a CSU campus. Students who earn an ADT and meet certain CSU admission requirements are guaranteed priority admission to a CSU campus, though not necessarily to a specific campus or major.
De Anza College currently offers 14 Associate Degrees for Transfer. Additional ADT majors remain under development. Check with a counselor or academic adviser for information.
- Administration of Justice (AS-T)
- Anthropology (AA-T)
- Business Administration (AS-T)
- Communication Studies (AA-T)
- Computer Science (AS-T)
- Early Childhood Education (AS-T)
- Economics (AA-T)
- English (AA-T)
- History (AA-T)
- Journalism (AA-T)
- Kinesiology (AA-T)
- Mathematics (AS-T)
- Political Science (AA-T)
- Sociology (AA-T)
Planning for the ADT
Plan to earn an ADT at DAC by:
- Reviewing De Anza's ADT Brochure.
- Reviewing the AA-T/AS-T Degrees List for requirements for your ADT major.
- If you have coursework outside of Foothill-De Anza, promptly requesting to have those transcripts sent to the DAC Admissions and Records Office immediately AND requesting to have them evaluated by submitting a Request for Transcript Evaluation Form.
- Meeting with a DAC counselor or academic adviser to develop an education plan that supports your goal of earning an ADT.
Applying for an ADT
Follow these steps to apply for an ADT at DAC:
- You are urged to submit your CSU Admissions Application during the priority filing
- Fall transfer: October 1 - November 30
- Winter/Spring transfer: First month of the filing period (be sure to check to see which CSU campuses are accepting applications)
Step 2 - ALL OTHER STUDENTS (NON-CSU TRANSFER STUDENTS): Only Step #4 below is required. Your ADT application will be processed in the same time frame as other DAC AA/AS degrees.
Step 3 - You MUST indicate on your CSU Admissions Application that you will be receiving an ADT, specifying the major and expected completion date.
Step 4 - Complete De Anza's ADT Questionnaire.
- If eligible, meet with a DAC counselor or academic adviser to file an ADT Graduation Application.
(WARNING: the Liberal Arts degree is NOT an ADT)
- If you have coursework from outside Foothill-De Anza, be sure ALL transcripts are
on file and have been evaluated by DAC before applying for an AA-T/AS-T Degree.
- CSU Applicants - Fall 2018 transfer:
If you plan to complete ADT requirements by the end of spring 2018, you must submit your ADT Graduation Application by March 1, 2018 (5:00 p.m.) to meet CSU's verification deadline and receive any admission benefits associated with the degree.
- CSU Applicants - Winter/Spring 2019 transfer:
Tentative deadline to file ADT Graduation Application - October 15, 2018.
- CSU Applicants - Fall 2018 transfer:
Step 5 - Verification of ADT for Fall 2018 CSU Transfer Applicants
- If you file the ADT Graduation Application by March 1, 2018 (5:00 p.m.), and had correctly identified your intention to receive the ADT degree on your CSU Admissions Application, DAC will electronically verify your ADT status with CSU once your application has been processed. This verification acknowledges you are on-track to receive the degree at the end of spring 2018. (If you decide not to pursue the degree or are unable to complete the requirements at the end of spring 2018, you are responsible for notifying the CSU campus(es) of this change in your ADT status. DAC will not be able to retract the verification.)
- If you are a Fall 2018 CSU applicant intending to complete ADT requirements by spring 2018, but did not report your intention to receive the degree on your CSU Admissions Application, you must submit the ADT Graduation Application by March 1, 2018 (5:00 p.m.). If you meet this deadline, and it's determined you are eligible to receive the ADT as planned, De Anza College will provide you with a verification form that you can send to CSU.
NOTE: If you submitted your CSU Admission Application during the CSU priority application filing period, and correctly identified the ADT degree and your expected completion date, you will also be contacted by DAC with information regarding this process and timeline. Please check your email account for messages.
Step 6 - Follow all instructions provided by the CSU and DAC and request to have your official DAC transcript (showing final fall grades) sent to CSU by the posted CSU deadline. Read the transcript request information carefully.
The ADT awarded will be noted on your De Anza College transcript. CSU will reference your official De Anza College transcript to verify degree completion.
After Applying for an ADT
- Check your email account & student portal(s) on a regular basis for important and time-sensitive messages from DAC.
DISCLAIMER: The final responsibility for successful transfer rests with the student. The information posted on this website is designed to assist students in obtaining the most accurate transfer-related information possible. However, this information is subject to change without notice, which may subsequently impact admission to a transfer college or university.
Students are encouraged to meet as early as possible in their academic careers and periodically with a DAC counselor or academic adviser to develop a Student Education Plan and with a transfer college or university admissions representative to confirm their choice of classes.